Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wedding Pennants

I am making decor for my friend's wedding.
While cruising pinterest, I came across this picture-

(Sorry it's small, when I blew it up, 
it got very pixelated)


Anyway, I knew I wanted to recreate it in her colors.
I started by cutting out triangle shapes out of pizza boxes 
to use as a template for all the other triangles.

Can you tell I do most of my crafting in the middle of the night?

Then, I started cutting out the triangles.
I had made two sizes of templates so that I could
layer a smaller triangle over the top of a larger one
that I will be cutting out of scrapbook paper.


Yes, that is a ten cent sticker on the chalk ink pad...Yes, I am a rockstar when it comes to garage sale-ing.

I had a 2" alphabet stencil out to use, but it turned out to be too big.
Everything else I had on hand was too small.

FAST FORWARD TO TWO WEEKS LATER AFTER A VISIT TO JO-ANN's AND HOBBY LOBBY...

I had a hard time finding 1.5" stencils...
in fact, I had a hard time finding any stencils.
Jo-Ann Fabrics doesn't even carry them anymore.
I bought 1'' stencils and a chalk ink pad,
I got them home and dang-it if they weren't too small.
*Sigh*

FAST FORWARD TO A WEEK LATER AFTER 
I'D BEEN GARAGE SALE-ING AND FOUND SOME 
FOAM LETTER STAMPS...


OK, I was going to make it work this time.
I stamped my message onto the triangles.



After I stamped my message, I laid out the pennant the 
way I wanted it and punched holes in the corners.
Then I took the distressed ribbons I made here,
and started lacing and tying my pennant together...





OK, so here we are...
almost a month after I started,
and countless issues later, 
I FINALLY
have a finished product.

Ready to see it?
I am certainly ready to show it off...



Ta-Da!!! Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great pennant! Thanks for sharing.