Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What I've been up to...

I have been so busy, if I have any actual daily readers, you are probably wondering where I 've been.
Well, I have somehow just adopted the role of wedding coordinator for one of my very best, most dear friends. I love this friend dearly, but I am not a decorator. I am a hack, mostly. She wants to do a "forest wonderland/simple, somehow a bit barn-inspired type wedding with a little sparkle"
on way less than a shoestring budget. So I am trying to come up with some cheap or free ways to decorate the indoor and outdoor space for the ceremony AND reception...I will be attempting to make making table number cards, centerpieces, pretty much anything thats NOT the actual food, dj, venue, photographer, etc. Those basic wedding things have been taken care of. AND this is for 100-150 people...AND its in almost exactly two months....YEAH, we are in over our heads I really bit off more than I can chew on this one. On top of it all, my friend is really only offering opinions, not money or design sense to help out...yikes...

I am also a master garage saler/thrifter...I see the vision that most people cannot.
I have picked up some great stuff for us to use so far...





50 place setting cards in pkg for 50 cents, thats not enough so we plan on making about 30 more, maybe in the shape of hearts, and writing two people on each one...like MR and Mrs Such and Such...
alternating and hung up something like this...







I went to one sale where they had a bunch of fake floral supplies and found about 10 little birds nests decorations, we plan on putting little white tea lights candles in them. They look exactly like these, just imagine them in the entry, some on the food tables, etc. 

There was some other stuff in the box like pine cones, raffia, ribbons and some pretty vining silks...and I got that whole box for 5 bucks! I just looked into buying more nests and they are retailing for 2/3...yikes.


I had a very dear lady give me a bunch of her mother's old crafting supplies because they were going to waste and she was wanting someone to get some use out of them. Thanks again, Kelly!
In the stuff she gave me was probably no less than 200-300 yards of lacy ribbons...beautiful vintage lacy trim which I plan hanging from trees and draping here and there (and can still reuse).
 There was also a bunch of pink ribbon and a whole box of 30 white tea lights....perfect.

Here are some of my inspiration photos:




























SO thats what I've been up to, thats why I dont have all the time in the world to go looking for projects around the house, though once I start making the stuff for her, I will post about it.

Till then, eat up these lovely ideas from Pinterest.
And please, let me know if you have any ideas or inspiration to pass along to me!


No comments: